White Belt Testing Opportunities
Starting the week of February 5th, the last 10 minutes of class will be reserved for any new student who wishes to take a white belt test. The white belt test is a brief physical test followed by questions. If you are a new student who can comfortably demonstrate the first form, Chun Gi, and know the school rules and native Korean exercise counting, you are ready to take the white belt test. A uniform is then ordered for all new white belts.
UI Con Taekwondo Demonstration – March 2nd and 3rd
Champaign-Urbana’s First Comic and Anime Convention hosted at the Illini Union on Saturday, March 2nd, and Sunday, March 3rd, has invited us to perform a Taekwondo demonstration. All belt levels are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Please note: Some preparation for the event will happen during scheduled classes, but there may also be additional times before the event to practice with music. Complete the interest form below to let us know if you want to participate:
Also, if you are interested in the demonstration, please register for UI-Con at https://www.ui-con.org/home. The event is free, but registration is required for all attendees and performers.
Based on the most recent Chancellor’s mass mail message, “We recommend cancelling/rescheduling any non-academic activities tonight to minimize the number of people out in potentially dangerous conditions.” and wintery road conditions.
Our informal Taekwondo training session tonight (Monday, January 22, 2024 at 6 pm) is CANCELLED!
Stay safe, and I look forward to training with everyone later this week.
Official Space Reservation starts the week of January 28th
- Mondays 6 pm – 7:30 pm – ARC Combat Room
- Wednesdays 7 pm – 8:30 pm – ARC Combat Room
- Saturdays 12 pm – 2 pm – ARC Combat Room
[We will still have Taekwondo classes in uniform this week and be respectful of sharing the space if necessary]
The University of Cincinnati Taekwondo is hosting its 2nd Annual Invitational on Saturday, February 17, 2024. This is a friendly competition and an opportunity to meet other college student Taekwondo practitioners. Safety and fun are the primary focus, and therefore, excessive contact will not be tolerated.
To attend this tournament, please fill out the club RSVP form https://forms.gle/jTiHkoJWbo4eNzod8 by Friday, January 26th, so that travel coordination can be finalized.
Click below for tournament rules and individual waiver/informed consent forms.
A brief overview of the schedule of events:
- Those attending will leave Friday, February 16th, stay in a nearby hotel, and return Saturday, February 17th.
- Forms, Olympic Sparring w/ head contact and w/o head contact, and Point Sparring will offered.
- All divisions (beginners, intermediate, advanced, and black belts) will have 4 competitors. Competitors must pay $50 for 1-2 events. Competitors must have safety gear (including a mouthguard). The club can provide chest protectors, helmets, and shin/ forearm guards to those without sparring gear.
If you have questions, please reach out via email or in class.