Week 3 Reflection

Jeff Ginger came in to talk to us about how he got involved with the FabLab. He truly enjoys everyone he works with and it was nice to hear him speak so passionately about different projects he’s been involved with over the years. He spoke a lot about the artistic entrepreneur which I found particularly interesting. He talked about people who took their creativity and used 3D printing to really make their passions come to life. I loved hearing about the different ways people were displaying their artistic abilities.  He also mentioned his own initiatives to help the community through the use of 3D printers. He helped some young adults channel their passion for minecraft into something tangible and constructive. I thought it was a very inspiring story of the use of creativity in the community.

In class, my team and I created our logo. Some nice gentlemen, Billy and Dash, showed us how to use Tinkercad as well as the actual printers. My team created a ‘Money Makers’ logo which was a dollar sign with the word ‘maker’ engraved in it. I also took the opportunity to make a dog key chain that doubles as a phone holder. I found this particular keychain on thingiverse and decided to print it as a side project.

I hope to print this woman next because I think it’s an interesting piece of artwork.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2778580

One thought on “Week 3 Reflection”

1. Hi Chelly,

I love the “Money Makers” logo that your team created! I especially like the slightly raised look of the “makers” lettering on the face of the dollar sign.

Like you, I really appreciated the passion that Mr. Ginger spoke with. Listening to someone who clearly knows what they’re talking about, but who also is outwardly passionate about it as well is enjoyable. It also gets me to WANT to listen, and to get that much more out of the presentation. Retaining information from a passionate speaker like Mr. Ginger is much easier than from a speaker who doesn’t necessarily care about their topic.