2018 Faculty and Guest Artists are listed below. Faculty for 2019 will be posted as they are confirmed.
Alexander Technique Faculty:
Alex and Joan Murray
2018 Guest Artists!
Lucia Lin, violinist with the Boston Symphony, will be featured during the Workshop. She will give a master class, a session on orchestral auditions, and will perform in recital.
Dmitry Kouzov, cello professor at the University of Illinois, will also give a master class for young cellists as well as a performance on our faculty recital.
Who’s new on the faculty for 2018!
Joanne Erwin – Cellist and Professor Emerita of Music Education at Oberlin Conservatory
Peter Rolland – Professional fiddler and son of Paul Rolland
Gail Rolland – Cellist and orchestra teacher
Abigail Albaugh – Alexander Technique
Aaron Jacobs – Violinist, On-Site Workshop Coordinator and Coordinator, Illinois String Academy
What’s new for cellists!
- Additional Cello Faculty for the Workshop and Camp (see above)
- Addition of cello instruction to The Paul Rolland String Camp!
What’s new for the Paul Rolland String Camp!
- The Paul Rolland String Camp will run concurrently with the Workshop with daily observation opportunities.
- Cello students are added this year.
- Camp curriculum and Teachers’ Guide available to all participants.
What’s new for returning participants!
- Returning Participants have the opportunity to put their Rolland knowledge to use assisting individual camp students in the various Rolland techniques, guided by a Rolland master teacher.
- Pre-Camp dinner/orientation for all returning participants.
- Open-ended camp observation and participation for all returning participants.
- The master camp faculty will lead 3 workshop sessions tailored just for the returning participants.
- Evening Discussions at Dinner with Nancy Kredel, Camp Director, for returning participants.