My First Essay Reflection

When I received my grade for the first essay assignment I didn’t really know how to feel. I felt confident that the paper I submitted followed the rubric requirements and was error free. I was wrong. However, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I still received a decent grade on the essay and I still received positive feedback on the content I provided. At the same time, Professor Hays also pointed out key mistakes in my essay that I seemed to have overlooked in the revision process. Some of the important mistakes included sentence fragments and a distracting introduction. Rather than just jumping right into the discussion, I included an introduction that may have taken away from the overall importance of the rhetorical analysis. In order to improve upon this for future essays, I will first start by writing my body paragraphs and then focusing on the introduction as a stepping stone into the finer details. In regards to the grammar of my essay, Professor Hays also provided specific documentation from the book as references to help me improve on avoiding sentence fragments. Overall, I believe I deserved the grade I received. I also know specifically what I need to improve upon moving forward for future assignments.