EKAH

I am a visual artist known as EKAH. I am interested in exploring and creating fictional worlds that combine the use of all media – illustrations, digital worlds, and animation. I hope to combine my knowledge of various fields and tools to develop and create works using unique processes and visuals. Some of the tools I use include brushes, pens, pencils, pixels, 3D polygons, and motion.

I was born in Seoul, South Korea and grew up in New York City.  I attended High School of Art & Design in NYC, then studied Communication Design at Parsons School of Design in New York City and Paris, with background in fine arts foundation. After college, I have worked as a graphic designer and art director for advertising agencies in New York City. My interest in 3D/CG led me to eventually working in broadcast animation and video games. I have since lived in France, San Francisco Bay Area, Orlando, and Montreal, Canada. More recent works have been featured in Sky Gallery, MTD ART: Moving Pictures Through Your Neighborhood, LIGHTBOX public-art installation, and 40 Point One gallery.  I have also participated as a presenter at Pechakucha Night Champaign-Urbana.  I currently live in the greater Champaign-Urbana area with the most supportive spouse and two cats.

Instagram
Website