It’s almost summer! Here at the UGL, we just wrapped up a busy weekend providing you with 24 hours access to the library space and resources. We hope you also had a productive weekend studying for your finals and finishing any last papers or projects!
While you’re at home, on vacation, working at an internship, or traveling the world this summer, there are going to be some big changes going on at the UGL. Starting on Monday, May 19th, the main floor of the UGL will be closed off until August 1st due to new carpet installation on the entire floor. When you get back to school this fall, come check out the UGL’s new look!
What’s Changing for the Summer
Things will be moving around a lot, but most UGL resources will still be available.
If you have a question about finding or using something in the UGL, head downstairs to the lower level. We’re moving our circulation desk down there, and that’s where we can answer any questions you have. Here’s a brief summary of what the setup will be:
- Books and movies are staying downstairs and are still available, but you’ll check them out downstairs at our relocated circ desk inside the media collection.
- Media reserves, new books and magazines, and some of our loanable technology are moving to the lower level. If you have a question about what loanable tech will be available, call us and ask!
- Textbooks on reserve will be at the Main Library Circulation Desk. There will be signs to direct you and plenty of staff members waiting to help.
- Group study rooms will not be available. If you’d like to find a study room in another library on campus, visit our group reserve system to book a room.
- The CITES computer lab on the upper level will not be available. For more information about other CITES computer labs across campus, visit their website. If you’re looking for a specific software, you can find a directory of software available in libraries and figure out where that software is available on campus.
- The lower level won’t be a quiet zone this summer. Quiet study spaces can be found in many other libraries on campus.
- The Writer’s Workshop, gaming zone, and video production studio will not be available due to the re-carpeting.
- Media commons resouces will be available, with limitations. If you need to use the Media Commons resources, such as the audio booth or digital media software, please contact the Media Commons staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be able to help you with any questions about what specific resources will be available over the summer.
If you have any questions about what services are being provided or where a resource is located, just ask! We’ll be happy to answer any of your questions.
To prepare for all these big changes (and to take a break for graduation!), the Undergraduate Library will close on Friday, May 16th, at 7pm. We’ll stay closed all weekend, and open again on Monday, May 19th, at 8:30am. We will be open during Summer I for the following hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30am-6pm;
Saturday – Sunday: 1pm-5pm.
If you want to visit another library on campus this summer, check out the whole library schedule.