Which of your high school classes best prepared you for college?

Dana, Engineering Physics
“My history classes. While history itself was never actually applicable in any of my classes in college, it was the skills I learned from those classes that mattered. Things like taking good notes, studying large amount of material, and writing well were all important skills to take away.”
Haley, Undeclared Engineering
“I’d have to say that my AP Physics C class and my AP English Literature course in high school were the two classes that best prepared me for college, not because of the course material necessarily, but the way my teachers for that class taught and graded. In my AP Physics C class, the teacher would give a short lecture and a lot of practice problems; everything was relevant and helped students to actually understand the material being taught, rather than just memorizing everything. As for my English Lit class, my teacher taught me to be punctual, professional, and resilient.”
Isha, Mechanical Engineering
“Engineering Design and Development through the PLTW program best prepared me for college because it took us through a full year design course where we used the design process and many skills that I now use in my ME 170 class. For example, we learned how to use a decision matrix to compare ideas and a PDS to clearly list out and describe specifications.”