How did your favorite elementary-school teacher inspire you?

Dana, Engineering Physics
“My favorite elementary teacher inspired me by getting really excited about potassium. For some reason, she thought the element potassium was coolest thing ever, and as a result, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. It’s also just a very fun word to say!”
Haley, Undeclared Engineering
“My favorite elementary-school teacher, Mrs. Shaffer, taught my fourth grade class a year before she retired. I was so thankful for the opportunity to be in her class; she inspired every student every day. She treated us all with respect, and she would genuinely listen to everyone. She never once undermined us or talked at us like we were children, even though we were! Every single day she would walk in with a huge smile on her face, and you could just tell she absolutely loved her job. She inspired me to pursue a career that I could walk into work smiling every day with.”
Isha, Mechanical Engineering
“Mrs. Provost, my 5th grade teacher, inspired me because she was always very energetic and excited to teach us. I felt like her attitude was contagious and I always came into class ready and wanting to learn something new.”