Hello everyone and thank you for your interest in our Reading Group! We hope that this Reading Group will equip all of us with a greater understanding of the intricacies and complexities of science policy, especially when it pertains to social issues. This reading group will focus on intersectionality in science education and policy. Introducing readings from critical race theory and feminism, we will examine how the inclusion and exclusion of marginalized groups shapes STEM education and scientific policy-making. Open to both undergraduates and graduate students, participants need no background in social sciences or cultural studies. We will have bimonthly meetings to discuss the readings with guest lecturers in the field.
- Group Facilitator: Aastha Sharma, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsoring professor: Dr. Anna-Maria Marshall, email@example.com
- Meeting times: Second and Fourth Tuesday of the month from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Asian American Cultural Center, Conference Room, 210 West Nevada Street, MC-149 Urbana, IL 61801
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.