The 8th Annual HRD Graduate Student Research Conference will take place on Wednesday, May 12, and Thursday, May 13, 2021, from 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM on the Zoom virtual platform. This year’s theme: HRD, Serving the needs of a changing world, challenges participants to think critically about the scope and reach of this evolving area of inquiry.
There are more ways to get involved! You are invited to participate in the conference by presenting your research project. Please see the Call for Proposals for specific requirements for abstract submission.
Submit your abstract for consideration for 15-minute lightning talks and 20-minute research paper presentations by Sunday, March 21, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
Submission link: The submission deadline has passed. We look forward to seeing you in May!
Advance Scholarly Conversation with your Research Paper Presentation
Go in-depth and present your research study with preliminary or final research results. Your Early Research Project (ERP), dissertation, or other completed research and receive feedback from your peers.
Exhibit Thought Leadership with a Lightning Talk
The purpose of the 15-minute lightning talk is to provide an opportunity for current graduate students to share a work-in-progress research project, receive feedback, and make connections with peers.
Show your spirit by downloading your personalized virtual background for the conference!
Steps to prepare your customized virtual background:
- Download the PowerPoint file you would like to use as your Zoom background from the above choices.
- Using the template in the slide, update your First and Last Name
- Students, update your Degree, Years in the Program. If you are a presenter, please let everyone know!!
- Faculty and invited guests, please indicate the university and program you represent and indicate “Faculty” with your identification.
- Space is also provided for posting your gender pronouns.
- Save the file (wherever you prefer, such as desktop)
- Windows Users:
- Go to File->Save As-> Change File type to “JPEG Interchange Format (*.jpg)”->Save
- Mac Users:
- Go to File-> Export-> Change File format to “JPEG”-> select Export
- Windows Users:
On the day of the Virtual conference:
- Open Zoom and “click on your profile”
- In the “Settings” Menu select “Backgrounds and filters”
- Click “Add Image or Video” or “+ button”
- Locate your modified conference zoom background image (*jpg or JPEG) and,
- “Open,” and you are set!
For registration, please click the following link: Registration
Plan your schedule by reviewing the 2021 HRD GSR Conference Program.
Join us online for the keynote, paper, and lightning sessions on Wednesday & Thursday, May 12 & 13 from 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM.