What is one thing you wish you had known before starting college?

Dana, Engineering Physics
“I wish I knew how important it is to keep a level-head. I’m not talking in the sense of don’t let anxiety or worry cloud your thinking. I’m talking in the sense that you must prepare yourself to learn A LOT. Way more than you’ve ever learned before.”
Suhirtha, Computer Science
“I’m a freshman, so there’s not much wisdom here, but I wish I’d know just how many opportunities you’re offered every day at college. You can’t do it all, but just being aware of what’s out there can be imperative to your success. But at the same time, I think it’s important to understand that everyone defines success differently, and your priorities shouldn’t be based on what you think other people are doing.”
Joy, Bioengineering
“Work ahead. I can’t stress that enough. In college, every class moves at its own pace regardless of the other classes you’re in. If you know the lecture material before going to class, you won’t be as confused and be scrambling to catch up after class. So get ahead while you can, it will definitely help you when a quiz or exam rolls around.”