Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater

ccpe3I noticed that the originality report did not catch a lot of my plagiarism at all!  There was an abundance of academic integrity that I know I violated on purpose, but the originality report did not catch any of them. For my assignment I plagiarized by just summarizing the abstract, straight-up copy and pasting, badly paraphrasing, and by misrepresenting the ideas in this source. The originality reporter did not catch any of these unfortunately.

ccpe2The one breach of academic integrity that the originality reporter caught was that I that I had the same sentence as another student. This was the sentence that I had just copied and pasted from my source, so that is probably why that sentence was in another students paper.  How didn’t it catch that the sentence had been stolen from the source?

Unfortunately this makes me distrust technology. Teachers should be aware that technology can glitch, similar to how it did on my paper. Fortunately there is an investigation that has to be launched before a student’s paper is ultimately deemed as plagiarism. If there was not an investigation students could be punished just because of an error in the originality reporter.

As of right now, I do not trust the originality reporter as much as I would like to.ccpe1