My Instructors Kept Me Engaged

My name is Chloe Graham, and I am a Sophomore in HDFS here at the U of I. I’ve enjoyed all of the HDFS classes I’ve taken so far, but my favorite has been HDFS 220: Families in Global Perspective. During the second semester of my freshman year, I took this class with Dr. Karen Kramer and Graduate Teaching Assistant (TA) Naomi Duran. In HDFS 220, we learned about many different social, economic, political, and cultural components that impact families worldwide. We studied how and why these various components affect certain people differently. Dr. Kramer made this class more enjoyable for me during lectures. Her lectures were always intriguing, and it was easy for me to stay engaged. She made me much more interested in the class content. Naomi Duran was also very helpful with keeping us on track, feedback on assignments, etc. Both made this an even better class.

Chloe is an HDFS sophomore with a concentration in child and adolescent development and aspires to work in marriage and family law.