If you haven’t already, NOW is the time to plan your law school visits! Here is a roundup of Open House days or visit opportunities at law schools located outside of Illinois that are popular with Illini.
Illinois Law Schools
Chicago-Kent Law School Open House/Admissions Workshop: Preparing for a Legal Career. Saturday, November 16, 9am-12:30pm. This will be an in-depth workshop on Preparing for a Legal Career, including a mini law school class, admissions overview, and tour. Click here to register!
University of Chicago Law School Open House – Monday, November 25, 1:00-4:30pm. The programs for the Open House will give you a glimpse into life at the Law School: you will attend a class, meet with students, faculty, and staff, and take a tour of the school. Members of the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid will be available to answer any questions you have about applying for admission to the Law School or about the Law School in general. Click here for more information and to register!
DePaul University College of Law – Saturday, November 23, 10am. The faculty, students and staff of DePaul University College of Law invite you and a guest to our Open House events for prospective students. Our programs provide you with information about admission requirements, areas of concentration and financial aid. Each Open House also includes a student panel discussion, mock class, lunch and a tour of our facilities. Programs begin promptly at 10 a.m. For more information and to register, go here.
Loyola University School of Law – Friday, November 22, 11:15am We host information sessions to provide an informal opportunity to ask questions of a member of the JD Admission team. Approximately 45 minutes will be allotted for the information sessions. These sessions are offered on select dates during fall and spring semesters. Information sessions are intended for prospective students; admitted students should select from our other visit options. To register, go here and scroll down the page to find the registration for the November 22 information session.
Northern Illinois University College of Law Open House—Saturday, November 16, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm. Includes a student panel, mock class, tour, and lunch with current law students. For more information and to RSVP visit their website here.
Northwestern University School of Law – Super Saturday – November 9. After requesting an On-Campus Interview within your JD application (so you need to submit your application first), the Admissions Office will send you an invitation and you will be equipped to select from available slots for your interview. Go here for more info. Note: Early decision / ED applicants are required to complete an online video interview. Upon submitting your ED application to Northwestern Law, you will receive an invitation to our online video interview portal and guidance for completing this requirement. For additional information on the interview process, visiting the school and other questions you may have, check out the FAQs on Northwestern Law’s website here.
Southern Illinois University School of Law The best way to really connect with SIU is the see it for yourself. Visits are scheduled during normal business hours – Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Complete the information here and an admissions representative will be in contact with you to customize your visit. We appreciate 48 hours notice for any campus visit. If you have any questions, please call the Office of Admissions at (618) 453-8858.
University of Illinois College of Law – Nothing will give you a greater sense of the College of Law at Illinois than an in-person visit. Please reach out to our Office of Admissions to schedule your visit. You may also want to browse our events calendar, in case you’d like to schedule your visit to coincide with one of our upcoming events. For more information, go here.
UIC John Marshall Law School Throughout the academic year, the Office of Admission offers open house programs for prospective students interested in UIC John Marshall. The open house programs provide an overview of curriculum, the classroom experience, and student life, and offer prospects a chance to familiarize themselves with legal education. In addition, the Law School offers guided tours to prospective students at scheduled times throughout the week. To schedule a tour, call the Office of Admission at 800.537.4280. For more information, go here.
(Outside of Illinois) Big 10 Law Schools
Indiana University Maurer School of Law (click here to RSVP)
- Admissions Information Session–Saturday, Dec. 7, 1-3 pm
- Virtual Admissions Information Session– January 3, 6-7 pm EASTERN (12 -1 pm Central)
- Individual visits can also be scheduled if you can’t attend these sessions
University of Iowa College of Law (click here)
- Iowa Law Open House–Feb. 15, 2020 (register here)
- Individual tours and class visits, along with self-guided tours, available
University of Michigan Law School offers individual visits here
- Tours, classes, and appointments with an admissions counselor on most weekdays between 8 and 5; if you want to visit a class, however, we recommend avoiding Fridays because few classes are available.
Michigan State University Law School
- Hosts many webinars on a variety of topics here
- Individual visits are also offered; schedule 1 week in advance here
University of Minnesota Law School
- Only self-guided tours and admissions counselor visits will be available during Finals & Winter Break (December 2 through January 22).
Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Fall Open House will be held on November 21, 2019 from 4-7 pm. Please register here.
- Info sessions and class observations Visits are conducted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays . Click here to access the schedule and RSVP
Penn State Law
- Individual tours and class visits are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern. Click here to view schedule and register.
University of Wisconsin Law
- Offers group visits and individual visits, plus an online tour of the law school (click here)
Other (Outside Illinois) Law Schools Popular with Illini Applicants
Boston University Law School (click here)
- BU Law Open House– Saturday, November 16 from 9:30 – 12:00 p.m.
- Offers class visits with a posted schedule of available classes online
Emory Law (click here)
- Offers information sessions every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 am during the fall semester
- Classroom observations have ended for fall but will be available again during spring semester
- A campus virtual tour is also available here
Georgetown Law (click here)
- JD Information Sessions and Guided Tours offered Nov. 22, Dec. 6, and Dec. 16
- Self-guided tours and class visits (sitting in on a law school class) are offered for those who cannot make the sessions
George Washington Law (click here)
- Student-led tours and class visits offered through Nov. 20. Contact the school to arrange visits after that date.
Notre Dame Law School (click here)
- Offers class observations, admission sessions, and tours for prospective students on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Tours are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and class visits are available by appointment. Click here to schedule.
- UCLA Law Liveguide (online sessions with current students) recordings on a variety of topics are available to watch here
Vanderbilt Law School
- Individual visits and class observations can be scheduled here
Washington University Law School (click here)
- Open Houses will be held Friday, November 22, January 17, and February 28 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Details on scheduling individual visits, along with sample visitor schedules, can be arranged online