As a companion to our previous post, we present some of the publications our Library faculty and academic professionals have published this past summer. Peruse the selected bibliography we have provided below to learn more about these topics.
(Links to OA journal access, the DOI for individual articles, or the catalog record are provided when available.)
- Benson, Sara R. “Copyright Online Mini-Series: A Flipped Learning Approach to Disseminating Copyright Knowledge to Subject Liaison Librarians.” Journal of Copyright in Education and Librarianship, vol. 3, no. 2, July 2019, pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.17161/jcel.v3i2.6750.
- Cagle, R.L. Scorpio Rising: A Queer Film Classic (Matthew Hays and Thomas Waugh, Series Eds Queer Film Classics.) Vancouver, Canada: Arsenal Pulp Press, 2019. 178 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of color plates, illustrations, 18 cm. ISBN: 9781551527611; OCLC: 1080220083.
- —. “Unspeakable Truths: Lee Man Hee’s A Day Off (1968)” in 100 Years of Korean Cinema: “I Choose Evil”–Lawbreakers Under the Military Dictatorship (Darcy Paquet, Ed.) Udine, Italy: Centro Espressioni Cinematografiche/Seoul, Republic of Korea: Korean Film Council, 2019, pp. 51-60. 142 pages, illustrations. 20 cm. ISBN: 9788889887158.
- Chu, C. M., B. J. Ford, and J. Raju. “Revisiting ‘Libraries: Global Reach, Local Touch’ with Barbara J. Ford: Insights for Academic and Research Libraries.” College and Research Libraries News, vol. 80, no. 5, May 2019, pp. 289-292. https://doi.org/10.5860/crln.80.5.289
- Hahn, J. “Evaluating Systematic Transactional Data Enrichment and Reuse.” Artificial Intelligence for Data Discovery and Reuse 2019 (AIDR ’19), May 2019, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. https://doi.org/10.1145/3359115.3359116.
- —. “Responsive vs. Native Search: A Comparative Study of Transaction Logs.” Code4Lib Journal, no. 44, May 2019, pp. 1-16. https://journal.code4lib.org/articles/14419
- Hahn, J., D. H. Ward, E. Cabada, R. Wallace, E. Kurt, and Mischo, B. “Institutionalizing and Sustaining Virtual Reality Experiences.” 2019 ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) June, 2019, pp. 325-326. https://doi.org/10.1109/JCDL.2019.00053.
- Hensley, Merinda Kaye and Heidi R. Johnson. “The Library as Collaborator in Student Publishing: An Index and Review of Undergraduate Research Journals.” Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research, vol. 2, no. 4, 2019, pp. 58–67.
- Mischo, W. H., M. A. Norman, and M. C. Schlembach. “Transaction Log Analysis within a Bento Discovery System.” 2019 ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), June 2019, pp. 420-421. https://doi.org/10.1109/JCDL.2019.00099.
- Mischo, W. H., Mary C. Schlembach, and Elisandro Cabada. “Visualizing the Scholarly Impact of Medical Education Researchers.” Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries, vol. 8, no. 2, June 2019, pp. 168-178. http://www.qqml-journal.net/index.php/qqml/article/view/549/515.
- Muglia, C., E. J. Kelly, G. O’Gara, A. Stein, S. Thompson, and L. Wolcott. “How We Talk about Assessment: A New Framework for Digital Libraries.” Serials Librarian, vol. 76, no. 1-4, May 2019, pp. 208-212. https://doi.org/10.1080/0361526X.2019.1586050.
- Ozeran, M., and P. Martin. “’Good Night, Good Day, Good Luck’: Applying Topic Modeling to Chat Reference Transcripts“. Information Technology and Libraries, vol. 38, no. 2, June 2019, pp. 49-57, doi:10.6017/ital.v38i2.10921.
- Sotomayor, Antonio de. “Linajes encontrados: Genealogía genética para la historia familiar en Puerto Rico, España y Portugal a través de los Sotomayor, Colón y Pereira.” HEREDITAS: Revista de la Asociación Puertorriqueña de Genealogía, vol. 19, no. 2, 2018, pp. 79-112. https://hcommons.org/deposits/item/hc:24443/.
- Williams, Sarah C., Shannon L. Farrell, Erin E. Kerby, and Megan Kocher. “Agricultural Researchers’ Attitudes Toward Open Access and Data Sharing.” Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, no. 91, June 2019, doi:https://doi.org/10.29173/istl4.