Reflection 2

I didn’t know how to write a movie review, so I didn’t feel all to confident in my “review.” Similar to the first major assignment, which involved the Toulmin analysis, this assignment took me a bit out of my writing comfort zone. Nevertheless, I tackled the assignment as if I were taking and supporting a stance. Writing this kind of paper was good experience. If anything, I think it helps people better analyze things. The review involved not only taking a stance, but I also needed to pay attention to the soundtrack, the shown clips, and the transitions in the movie. All these elements make a person more aware of a position presented in a movie such asĀ In Whose Honor?

The first revision I did was adding a title to my essay. This was the first mistake pointed out to me, which makes sense, since a title lets your reader know what they are about to read. The title may have been the major change I made to my paper, since there wasn’t one to begin with. In the future, I need to watch out for that and make sure I have every component to a paper. Afterwords, I changed my in text citation from the author’s last name to the first thing that appears in the works cited page. I made this change based on feedback. I need to remember that the in text citations are like a link to a wiki page, that way, I can remember that the in text citation should include the first that appears in the works cited page for that citation. I went back to change an error with expletive construction, which involved the usage of “who” and “whom.” There was also an error with pronoun case, so I went back to fix that. Finally, passive voice made a comeback, so I made sure to change the sentence into an active sentence.