The MAP chapter at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign stands in solidarity with our AAPI colleagues and condemns Anti-Asian racism and hate crimes against all members of the Asian diaspora. In light of the recent white supremacist and misogynistic terror attack against Asian women, our chapter would like to highlight the following resources*.
Support Resources for AAPI and Asian students, faculty, and staff:
Resources for Allies:
- Free Bystander Intervention Training from Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Chicago, CAIR Chicago, and Hollaback!. Register here.
- Free program “Anti-Asian Racism, Xenophobia, & COVID-19,” (03/24, 7-8pm), presented by Teresa Chih and David Mok from the Asian American Cultural Center. Register here.
- Understand what’s happening via the Stop AAPI Hate Reports
- Take action with the Stop AAPI Hate Act Now Resources
- The Illinois Human Rights Act
Statements Against Anti-Asian Racism:
- Chancellor Robert J. Jones and Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Sean C. Garrick’s Massmail Statement
- OIIR statement on Anti-Asian American Racism, Xenophobia, and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Asian American Studies and Gender and Women Studies Joint Statement on Anti-Asian Violence
- Center for East Asian and Pacific Studies and East Asian Languages and Cultures statement
* Resources and statements will be updated as we are made aware of them. A special thank you to Ashli Anda for helping to put together this list of resources.