We recently received this call for papers for undergraduate submissions! Note that the deadline is Tuesday, January 7th, 2020. In other words, this is a great opportunity to submit final papers from Fall 2019!
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Hemlock is a student-run philosophy journal based at the University of Idaho. We are in search of original philosophical papers authored by current undergraduates
The Hemlock’s call for papers this year is open to any topic in philosophy. We aim to publish essays that can be read and understood by a general educated audience. Papers must be philosophical in nature and self standing. All submissions will be peer-reviewed in anonymity. Acceptance for publication will be based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, pertinence, quality, and depth. The Hemlock would appreciate that only one paper be submitted per applicant.
DEADLINE: January 7, 2020
- Word count: 750-3000
- Any Citations are in a standard format, Ex. Chicago, MLA, etc. (only if applicable)
- Strongly suggest footnotes or end notes
- Double spaced
- Acceptable Fonts: Times New Roman, Ariel, or Calibri
- Font size: 12
- Papers will be peer-reviewed anonymously (submit manuscripts with a title page including affiliation, email, and title. Please remove any identifiers from the main text of the paper that would suggest its author.)
- Papers should be sent as an attachment to email@example.com in a Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) or Adobe PDF format.
- Any questions or concerns can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Emma French, Editor-in-chief)
If you’re not sure if you should submit your paper, remember that you can reach out to your TA or your professor for advice.