The University of Illinois Microbial Systems Initiative (MSI) aims to build upon its unique strengths in microbial systems through its education & training programs targeted towards helping faculty and trainees at Illinois. We are working with campus partners to host research resource training to provide early-career researchers with access to new tools to support their research. MSI will invest in mentoring and training, develop innovative educational programs, and host community- and collaboration-building events to stimulate further research directions. Through continued support, the Microbial Systems Initiative will establish cross-cutting synergies and enhanced communication to nurture a diverse, creative and connected group of faculty and trainees in our microbial community.
Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Institute
IHSI offers a wide range of experiences for faculty, students, clinicians, and professionals. These specialized courses, programs, and research experiences foster innovation and growth for our research community.
- Grant Seeking Programs to help identify research opportunities and respond to local and national funding priorities.
- Professional Courses including hands-on learning for biomedical researchers and professionals.
- Student Fellowships & Programs for those of all backgrounds and majors. Gain experience while making an impact in the lab, clinic, and community.
Office of the Provost
The Provost’s Office is committed to supporting development and mentoring opportunities which are vital to the success of faculty. They provide a variety of resources and programs to foster the growth and development of faculty careers.
- Annual Faculty Retreat (coordinated by the Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning)
- Building Pathways for Emerging Leaders at Illinois
- Faculty Women in the Classroom Conversation Group
- Faculty Women of Color in the Academy National Conference (FWCA)
- Illinois New Faculty Orientation (INFO)
- Mentoring Matters at Illinois Workshop Series
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- Online Learning Consortium (Illinois maintains a membership to this resource. Create an account using @illinois.edu e-mail address to access full benefits.)
- Provost Fellows Program
- Purdue University Conference for Assistant Professors (previously called Conference for Pre-tenure Women)
- Reading Day Workshops for Assistant Professors
- Teaching Resources
- Thriving as an Associate Professor Seminar Series
- Through the Faculty Ranks Series