Early-Career Research Opportunities
Call for Members: 2024 MicroERA Research Symposium Planning Committee
Calling trainees to serve on the 2024 Research Symposium planning committee. Duties include selecting a keynote speaker and weighing in on planning decisions. Email email@example.com if interested.
ASM Career Development Grant for Postdoctoral Women
The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is looking to provide up to $2,000 for 3 postdoctoral women scientists looking to enhance their research and leadership skills by traveling for a meeting, visiting another lab, or taking a course.
The deadline to apply for the grant is Feb. 15, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. ET. For more details on the qualifications needed or to apply, visit the application page.
ASM Leadership Development Training Series for Postdoctoral Women
Are you a woman scientist looking to become a leader in microbial sciences but are frustrated at institutional barriers, disadvantages, and underrepresentation? Then sign up for the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) Leadership Development Training Series designed to support postdoctoral women’s transitions into microbial science leadership roles.
Registration opens Jan. 1, 2024 and rolls till Sept. 6, 2024. For the webinar schedule, qualifications, and more details visit the information page.
Postdoctoral Research Associate Positions, University of Oklahoma
The Institute for Environmental Genomics (IEG) and the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Oklahoma are seeking applicants possessing a PhD in microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a closely related field to fill their postdoctoral research association positions. Successful candidates will demonstrate expertise in microbial biochemistry, genetics, metabolism, and physiology; outstanding quantitative, writing, and presentation skills; and a track record of publishing peer-reviewed publications. Currently accepting applications until positions are filled. Apply and see the complete job description here.
Campus Research Resources
- The Carver Biotechnology Center offers a suite of tools for microbial researchers
- Core Facilities at the Institute for Genomic Biology include microscopy capabilities and computing infrastructure
- HPCBio, high-performance computing resources for biological data management and analysis
- The Rodent Gnotobiotic Facility offers animal models
- BioCyc, a web portal for microbial genomes and metabolic pathways, is now available without access limits to all users with a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign IP address
The National Landscape
- Interagency Strategic Plan for Microbiome Research
- The American Society for Microbiology
- The International Society for Microbial Ecology
- White paper on Microbial anti-cancer therapy and prevention
10.23.2023 Prebiotics with plant and microbial origins
10.04.2023 Evolution and synthetic biology