A glance into some of our current research projects:
- Nanoconfinement of Liquids and Thin Films: structure and rheological behavior
- Molecular Lubrication Mechanisms (e.g. molecular liquids, polymer brushes, surfactants, hydrogels and biointerfaces)
- Adhesive and friction characteristics of 2D materials in aqueous environment
- The diffuse and Stern layer of electrolytes (e.g. ionic liquids)
- Mechano-chemical and physico-chemical processes at the mineral-solution interface
- Surface Functionalization (e.g. biomimetic films)
The group has expertise in Atomic Force Microscopy, Surface Forces Apparatus, rheology, QCM, x-ray scattering, and spectroscopy techniques, among others. See our most recent posters.