CyberCorps @ Illinois—Illinois Cyber Security Scholars Program (ICSSP)
* ICSSP IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2019! Links to the application forms are below. *
This CyberCorps Scholarship for Service program, funded by the National Science Foundation, provides scholarships to admitted, full-time UIUC students who are interested in specializing in cybersecurity. This scholarship has been available to UIUC students since 2009, and we have graduated 40+ students who have been successfully placed with federal agencies and national labs, including the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Trade Commission, the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, Sandia National Lab, MIT Lincoln Lab, the Department of Energy, the Department of Justice, and the MITRE Corporation.
The ICSSP Program is offered through the Information Trust Institute (ITI) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, an interdisciplinary research center addressing all aspects of information trust.
This merit scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate UIUC students. The goal of the scholarship is to increase the national workforce in the field of cybersecurity and to place graduates in federal agencies, national labs, and state, local, and tribal government organizations.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- An admitted full-time undergraduate or graduate student on the UIUC campus.
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.*
- A College of Engineering undergraduate or graduate student with a focus on cyber or information security and privacy, or a School of Information Sciences graduate student in the MSIM degree program.
- Transfer students are eligible to apply after they have been admitted to the UIUC College of Engineering and have completed at least one semester on campus.
*Security clearances, and many federal agencies, require U.S. citizenship. It is the recipient’s responsibility to attain such a position in state, local, tribal or territorial governments given these limitations.
To apply for the ICSSP Program for 2019:
- Application form for Engineering undergraduate students
- Application form for Engineering or iSchool graduate students
Items required in the applications include:
- Cover letter
- Personal statement
- Research statement (Engineering graduate applications only)
- Answers to supplemental questions
Application deadline: August 12, 2019. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have questions, please contact Masooda Bashir at firstname.lastname@example.org.