Cyber Security experts, particularly those with multidisciplinary backgrounds, are increasing in demand as the nation’s reliance on cyber infrastructures continues to grow. Through ICSSP, students can receive hands-on education from some of the nation’s top academic experts in this critical area and join the field with much opportunity for highly skilled professionals.
- Cost of tuition (either in-state or out-of-state).
- Generous stipend each semester to support your educational expenses.
- Funds to help with the cost of textbooks and equipment needed to be successful in the program.
- Professional development funds to participate in ICSSP activities – relevant workshops and seminars.
- Travel funds to participate in the annual job fair, which is required by all participants to attend.
- Expertise in a growing professional field.
- Research experience with security experts.
- A life-long network of colleagues in the field of cyber security.
- Internships and mentoring in a federal government and/or national laboratory setting. Students who receive a 2 or 3-year scholarship are required to participate in the internship program after the first year during the summer term. Students will receive assistance in finding an internship position.
- Guidance from an ITI/ICSSP faculty advisor, identified through the ICSSP program, who can act as a mentor in the Information Assurance field. Students and advisors will periodically have one-on-one meetings. (The ICSSP faculty advisors will not replace the student’s regular academic advisor, but will offer supplementary guidance.)
- Access to state-of-the-art security labs.
- Opportunities to compete in regional and national cyber security competitions.
- Assistance with placement in a federal agency or laboratory upon graduating.
NOTE: Scholarship offers will be made upon NSF funding availability.