As a companion to our previous post on presentations, we present some of the publications, peer-reviewed articles and essays our Library faculty and academic professionals have published this past summer. Topics include management in the library workplace, data curation, and digital humanities pedagogy. Peruse the selected bibliography we have provided below to learn more about these topics.
(Links to OA journal access, the DOI for individual articles, or the catalog record are provided when available.)
- Carlstone, Jamie D., Ayla Stein, Michael A. Norman, and John P. Wilkin. “Copyright Renewal of U.S. Books Published in 1932: Re-Analyzing Ringer’s Study to Determine a More Accurate Renewal Rate for Books.”College & Research Libraries.79(5): 697–712. September 4, 2018.
- Hahn, Jim. “The Navigation of Topic Space.”18thACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries. 337-338. New York City, NY. 2018.
- Hinchliffe, Lisa W, Allison R. Rand, and Jillian R. Collier.” Predictable Information Literacy Misconceptions of First-Year College Students.” Communications in Information Literacy. 12 (1), 4-18. June 22, 2018.
- Hinchliffe, Lisa W.” If ResearchGate is Where Scholars Connect and Collaborate.” Scholarly Kitchen. May 2, 2018.
- — “Are Library Subscriptions Over-Utilized? Scholarly Kitchen.” Scholarly Kitchen. May 22, 2018.
- — “Advancing an Integrated Vertical Stack of Publication Services? Scholarly Kitchen.” Scholarly Kitchen. August 8, 2018.
- Mischo, William H. and Mary C. Schlembach.“A system for generating research impact visualizations over medical research groups”. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries.50(2), 2018,
- Mischo, William H., Michael A. Norman and Mary C. Schlembach.“Innovations in Discovery Systems: User Studies and the Bento Approach.” What’s Past is Prologue, Charleston Conference. 2017 Proceedings. pp 299-304. September 25, 2018. DOI: 10.5703/1288284316700
- Schwieder, David and Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe.“A Multilevel Approach for Library Value Assessment” College and Research Libraries. 79(3): 424-436. April 2018.
- Thacker, Mara. “New Energy for Indian Comics: A Qualitative Study at Comic Con India.” The Journal of the Comics Studies Society. 2(2), 160-177. The Ohio State University Press. 2018.