The Importance of Planning

I think my planning skills have improved over the past few weeks. There are three actions I took to approve my planning skills.

First, I started to arrive at school one hour before the students arrive. This gives me plenty of time to copy any last-minute materials, set out warm-ups, finish grading papers, pass back papers, and prepare for the students to enter the classroom.

Then, I started to prioritize planning over grading during planning period. I grade during lunch and after school, but I use my planning period to look over plans for the week.

Finally, I created a lesson plan template for myself. I personalized a university template to make planning easier for myself. I added time slots into all of my lessons to help with my pacing. I have found that this template really works for me. Planning is very time consuming, but it is easier with a template that works for you.

I feel much more prepared to teach every day. I know that my students are receiving quality lessons because I am thinking through every aspect of my lessons by using my personalized template.