Positive Experiences

Hello!

This week is my Spring Break, and it is definitely a much needed time of relaxation! I also got my edTPA turned in which is a HUGE weight off my shoulders. I am so happy to finally be able to focus all of my attention to student teaching and enjoy the experience!

Image result for relief gif

As I am thinking about my time in placement so far, some of the most positive experiences are my interactions with the students, and relationships I am building with them.  Believe me when I say, first graders are hilarious. From the beginning of placement, I have put in every effort in order to personally get to know each and every student, from things as small as saying good morning, to things as big as being there for them to discuss personal issues in their life. Listen to what they have to say, show them you care, and celebrate their differences. As I am nearing the end of placement, I am really seeing the positive impacts of these efforts, so I really encourage everyone to set aside time everyday to get to know your students! I have built a relationship with the students where they are excited to come into class and share stories and ideas with me. It is so rewarding to hear things like “You are the best teacher ever!” and “I’m really going to miss you over Spring Break”.

Not everyday is perfect or easy, but having a positive relationships with your students makes learning fun for them, and teaching fun for you!

Image result for quote for relationship with students