NOTE: If you later need a refresher on how to set up the Schedule page, you can look at the instructions embedded in the Schedule template original at https://publish.illinois.edu/template-conference/schedule/.
When your event is over and you want to move your event from Current to Archive:
- Archiving the past categories:
- In your Dashboard’s left hand column, find Timetable -> Event Categories.
- Change the parent category of however much is past (in this case, it could be all of 2023, or it could be just the individual days) from Current to Archive.
- Copying this page’s content to the archive:
- Use Duplicate This on this page and give it a title something like “2023 Event Schedule.”
- Make the copied page’s parent page the Archive page. Add the copied page to the Menu under Archive.
- Creating a new event in this Schedule page:
- Create the appropriate new categories (the year and/or your specific event days) under the Event Categories’ Current section.
- In this page, select each day’s schedule table and adjust which categories it displays to match your newly created Event Categories.
Day 1 Schedule
NOTE: The current event is modeled as a two-day event. This table shows everything within the Day 1, 2023 category. (If your event only happened once in the year and on one day, you might only need the year category as shown in the archival 2022 example.) The Title, Time, and Description fields are displayed. (If you don’t need the Description field, you can select the table, look in the Settings (Gear icon) area on the right, and un-check the box by Description.)
The same holds true for the Day 2 schedule table below, except that it’s keying off the Day 2, 2023 category instead.
Day 2 Schedule
NOTE: The Keynote from day 1 does not appear on day 2 because it was only tagged with the Day 1, 2023 category.