Documentary film seeking past and current LGBT college athletes

http://www.outsports.com/2016/1/11/10750568/seeking-past-and-current-lgbt-college-athletes-to-participate-in

Hello all!

My name is Blaize Stewart and I am a graduate student at the University of Illinois at Urban-Champaign pursuing a degree in journalism. I am beginning work on my final project for the program and am currently seeking potential sources, subjects, and leads for it.

Simply put, the topic of the project will be to review the experiences of former LGBT college athletes and compare them to what it is like to be an LGBT college athlete today. The goal is to shed light on the challenges these athletes have and still face, what progress has been made to make these athletes feel accepted, and to find ways to continue to improve circumstances for LGBT college athletes. This topic will be covered in the form of a 30 minute documentary.

I am currently seeking out past and current LGBT student athletes, coaches, referees, and others who are interested in participating in this project. Participation can include being interviewed for the documentary, recommending someone who is knowledgeable on the topic, or even reccomending important LGBT athlete milestones. I am currently based in Illinois, but can travel and am happy to conduct interviews over the phone or Skype.

Please feel free to email me at bpstewa2@illinois.edu if you would like more information about the project or if you are definitely interested in participating. Please include “LGBT DOCUMENTARY” in the subject line. I will be happy to address any comments, questions, or concerns! Thank you for your time!