The White House’s Latest Lie

Donald Trump was the latest one from the White House to make false references to a terror attack. On Saturday at a rally in Florida, Trump made a comment about Sweden’s immigration in the same context of other countries who have recently been struck by terror attacks. He made it therefore seem like something similar had happened in Sweden as well. He then made a post on Twitter, saying that he was only referencing to a news story he saw on Fox News, concerning the immigrants and Sweden. Within two hours of the President’s post, the official Twitter account of the Embassy of Sweden in the US responded: “We look forward to informing the US administration about Swedish immigration and integration policies.”

Trump’s original comments:
“You look at what’s happening in Germany. You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what’s happening in Brussels. You look at what’s happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris.”
Now people are questioning the President‘s sources of information. One can never be too careful or too critical to the information one gets, even if it comes from the President himself.
When I came across this speech, I was deeply confused and afraid that I had missed something important. Due to the fact that my origin of birth is Sweden, I try to keep up with the latest news in Scandinavia and I was shocked that I could have missed something this huge. As it turned out, I had nothing to worry about because the people of the White House had yet again blurted out false information.