Trump; More Of A Reality TV Star Than He Is A President

Trump as The New Bachelor

As Trump ran his campaign, it was very amusing to watch. He was acting like a reality TV star, or a soap opera actor, as he tweeted demeaning and hurtful things about women, pretending it was all for fun. He caught everyone’s attention, using social media as his output.

Jennifer Weiner wrote in The New York Times how she has broken up with “The Bachelor” because she does not find it entertaining anymore, when in a world where a made-for-TV candidate becomes the president of the United States.

Something struck me as very interesting when reading this opinion column, that we “need to redraw the line between entertainment and politics, between producer-crafted reality-TV narratives and actual reality.” Trump might have put on a big show before the election, but now as he takes his place as the president of the United States, will he continue to deliver? Now, when reality hits us, will this performer continue in his ways and give us nothing but more drama while executing the unthinkable things he once promised?

While I have been following the show intently, I will do as Jennifer Weiner did and give up “The Bachelor.” Just like her I feel like this show is only a luxury of escape that I do not deserve, and do not want to support when living in a world where the reality star of a president stops being just an entertainment, and starts delivering real actions.