The Image of Research is a multidisciplinary competition celebrating the diversity and breadth of undergraduate student research at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. All undergraduate students are invited to submit entries consisting of an image and brief text that articulates how the image relates to the research. Entries will be judged by a multidisciplinary panel for:
- Connection between image, text, and research
- Visual Impact
All images submitted will be included in IDEALS, hosted and archived by the University Library for long term preservation.
- Jessica Ballard, University Archives
- Monica Carroll, Liaison and Innovation Librarian, Grainger Engineering Library Information Center
- Jess Hagman, Social Sciences Research Librarian, Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library
- Merinda Kaye Hensley, Digital Scholarship Liaison and Instruction Librarian, Scholarly Commons
- Natasha Mamaril, Program Director, Illinois Scholars Undergraduate Research (ISUR) Program, The Grainger College of Engineering
- Karen Rodriguez’G, Director, Illinois Office of Undergraduate Research
The Image of Research is organized by the Scholarly Commons of the University Library and the Office of Undergraduate Research and is supported by a generous gift to the Scholarly Commons from the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. Image of Research at Illinois was inspired by the Image of Research competition at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
To enter, see the competition details page.