BFAPA Staff Spotlight – Dr. Lisa Jackson

Tell us about your role on campus

Currently, I serve as the Interim Director of New Student Programs.  New Student Programs assist new students (including transfers) transition to campus.  These services are provided in a myriad of ways such as extended orientation opportunities available in the summer to events and activities catering to most areas of interest in Welcome Week/Fall Orientation.  With students being exposed to these events, it helps them become more familiar with campus and also see the variety of services available to help them be successful during their time at Illinois.  From academic resources to being involved on campus, New Student Programs assists students in learning how to be successful in and outside the classroom.

What song or type of music do you listen to that puts you in the best mood and why?

I love most types of music!  I can’t say there is one song that gets me in the best mood (that maybe TMI).  But I will share this, R&B is also my go-to music – if you ever stop by my office you will this playing 95% of the time.  If I’m playing jazz, I’m in a thinking reflective mood.  I listen to gospel to help me stay centered and to be reminded of my blessings and how good and gracious the Father has been to me and my family.  Don’t be surprised to see me trying to make some moves or clapping my hands.  WARNING – I sing offbeat.

Interested in being the next Staff Spotlight or Faculty Feature? Contact Candice

Facebook Twitter Email