Attention Undergraduate Students!
Do you doodle in the margins of your notes? Seeking a creative outlet? Do you make art in your free time? Have you been looking for the ideal spot to showcase your work? If you answered yes to any of these questions, read on!
The Undergraduate Library is inviting artists of all skill levels and majors to apply for the chance to exhibit your art in our art gallery. We are seeking works in either of two categories: those that match our 2018-2019 theme of “Imaginary Worlds,” or an open call for any work that addresses issues of concern to undergraduate students.
- You must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Create an awesome piece of art (or pick something you already have!)
- Fill out an application form by October 29th
- Wait for email confirmation from the UGL with details
- Selected artists will meet with the UGL gallery curator for installation guidelines, and must complete a permission form to display their artwork
- Celebrate with friends – you’re a featured artist
Any major can apply. Each Student Art Gallery space is 176” wide, 85” tall, and 6.5” deep. Most 2D art forms will fit, as well as smaller objects such as jewelry, metalwork, and some sculpture and industrial design works. We also have a small standing display case for larger 3D works.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Our challenge to you this fall is to create a piece of any medium that is fitting with the theme ‘Imaginary Worlds.’ Take this as literally or as figuratively as you want. Some other concepts we want you to think about as you create your piece are: virtual and augmented reality, avatars, and artificial intelligence.
Be sure to be on the lookout for our bi-semester prompts! These will be advertised around campus and on our webpage. Please note, you do not have to submit artwork within our themes or following our prompts! These are meant to get you thinking if you are stumped.
Written by Annabel
Edited by Zander