Trying to Learn WordPress

After using Blogger for many years and letting my site at WordPress.com go to seed, I’m trying again to learn how to use WordPress because this is a campus project and I should use campus tools in support of this project.  So the site will likely go through many changes in appearance as I figure out how to make it do what I want it too.  At the start though, I’m a bit frustrated by my ignorance and/or by the WordPress defaults and functions.

Here is one example to illustrate.  In setting up this site I not only chose a site title, but I also entered a site description.  The title is plain on the homepage but where is the site description?  I will close here so to see if I can find it and then make it visible on the homepage.

2 thoughts on “Trying to Learn WordPress

1. It appears that the blog description I had entered is for the administrators only, but that there is a tagline which I changed from the default where I added some description information.

• I added this comment from my dashboard, but it appears that comments are closed to everybody else. I don’t get it.