BAT students applying in spring – 8 semester plan required for application

If you are a student who is planning to apply to the BAT program this spring semester, then you must read on!

As part of your application to the program, you must submit a 4 year plan that needs to be signed by the departmental advisor and myself.  The form for this is available at http://www.las.illinois.edu/docs/students/forms/BAT-checklist2011.pdf  and you will need to fill this out and bring it first to your academic advisor in the department and then bring it to me to be signed.  You can make an appointment with me by calling 217.333.2800 and the receptionist will set the appointment.  You will need to get this form signed before you submit your application, but I strongly recommend that you get this part done before the December break (as usual, the sooner the better!)

There will be a mandatory Application Workshop about the process of applying to the BAT program, so you can expect that at end of November and beginning of December, before the winter break.  At this meeting, you will learn about all of the different parts of that application; the 4 year plan is just the one part that needs to be done beforehand so you don’t have to worry about anything else. I will send an email about that meeting closer to the dates.  I hope that most of you will have had the 4 year plan completed by the time you attend that meeting.

I can’t believe that we are starting to get into the whole application process again, but it’s very exciting! Let me know if you have any questions.

Adva