- CARE Tutoring & Peer Advising is ready for the increased traffic after Spring Beak!
The Illinois Engineering First-Year Experience is an interdisciplinary program for every first-year student in Engineering at Illinois. IEFX exists to enhance the experience, creativity, and learning of first-year engineering students. IEFX includes courses such as ENG100, and other IEFX electives, as well as other programs such as Summer Scholars, and leadership and employment opportunities.
Engineering Council is a union of engineering societies and committees dedicated to enriching the student collegiate experience through a distinctive array of programs and services. EC aim to encourage academic, professional, and personal growth by offering leadership opportunities and fostering interdisciplinary relationships within the College of Engineering.
The Center for Academic Resources in Engineering (CARE) enhances the learning experience for all undergraduate engineering students through academic support, enhancing collaborative learning opportunities, and providing positive influence through peer mentoring.
With 20,000 sq. ft. of space spanning the entire fourth floor of the Grainger Engineering Library, CARE offers a variety of designated areas for group study, individual study, tutoring, computer workstations, course study halls, and workshops. Rooms can be reserved for study groups, tutoring, practicing presentations, workshops, videoconferencing, and other activities.
- Disability Resources and Educational Services as partnered up with the Counseling Center to bring resources to Engineering students
- 30 Minute Appointments in 206 Engineering Hall
- Call 217-333-2280, or speak with the Receptionist in 206 Engineering Hall.
- What to Expect: Confidential and private recommendations but “not” therapy/counseling sessions.
- Common Topics: Relationship/Family Problems, Procrastination, Depression, Anxiety (including Test Anxiety), Adjustment to College, Grief and Loss, Concerns about Substance Abuse, Stress, Other Issues
- For More Information: Call (217-333-3704) or visit the Counseling Center (Room 206, Student Services Building)
IPENG is the International Programs in Engineering Office. We provide international opportunities to engineering students within the College of Engineering at Urbana-Champaign. These opportunities range from summer short programs to an academic year. With planning, students earn credit towards their degree while studying abroad.
LINC is an interdisciplinary, inquiry-guided service-learning course in which students provide meaningful service through the conception, development, and implementation of projects in collaboration with non-profits and community partners. Each section of the course is dedicated to a nonprofit organization that has proposed one or more projects of importance to the organization. Open to all students, all majors, all levels.
Engineering Career Services (ECS) at Illinois provides students and employers with expert and experienced career management services. They are skilled at working with highly qualified students and have strong ties with companies throughout the industry. Log on to the new Handskake@Illinois platform. ECS walk-in advising and scheduled appointments are also available.
Some of the services provided by McKinley include:
- 24 hour Dial-A-Nurse service – lets you speak with a health care professional to coordinate your health care needs
- Visits with your Primary Care Provider – we have several full-time Physicians
- Pharmacy service – many medications are offered at low cost or no cost
- Mental Health counseling and treatment
- Immunization, Allergy and Travel Clinic
- Women’s Health Clinic
- Health Resource Centers provide over-the-counter self care supplies at no additional charge
- Health and Wellness Information from our Health Education Unit
The mission of the Student Legal Service office is to provide preventive legal education, legal counseling and advice, and individual representation to students in order to enhance student life and student knowledge of their rights and responsibilities, and positively impact student retention.
Learn about the specifics and useful tips such as document certification, turning on electricity service from Ameren, driving in Illinois, as well as other legal issues you want to know as international student!
- Help Finding Apartments and Houses
- Landlord Complaint Records
- Lease Reviews (BY APPOINTMENT ONLY)
- Tenant-Landlord Conflict Help
- Educational Programming (including workshops & presentations)
Learn the top five tips for international students to search for and find the appropriate apartments. Translated brochures available for download on the website.
The Career Center provides all Illinois students collaborative and innovative programs, services, and resources focused on career and professional development that educates and empowers them to become thriving professionals in the global community.
The Career Center is committed to:
- Excellence, Integrity and Professional Ethics
- Career and Professional Development
- Empowering and Engaging Students
- Experiential, Transformative, and Life-long Learning
- Connecting Education and Careers
- Welcoming, Open, and Inclusive Environment
- Collaboration and Innovation
- Evidence-based Practice
- Service and Contribution to Community