Team Awesome Blast from the Past Edition!

Did you figure out who we were referring to in our last post?
Juliana Perry

It’s Juliana Perry!

1) What is your name?
Juliana Perry

2) When did you work for Team Awesome?
August 2007- October 2009

3) ITD or Help Desk?
Mostly ITD, with a weekly Help Desk shift when we were doing those, and I still pinch-hit for @gslis_help_desk occasionally after that.

4) What are you up to now?
I’m the Web Services Project Manager at Bryn Mawr College, and I’m living in Philadelphia.

5) How has Team Awesome prepared you for your amazing and awesome life now?
I’m using my Team Awesome skills to support and teach folks with a wide range of skill levels who work on the college website. Team Awesome really prepared me to help people feel comfortable and more confident in their work, and I definitely learned something about using humor in my instruction sessions and documentation writing, while keeping things clear and understandable.

6) What is your favorite memory about Team Awesome while you were here?
It’s hard to pick a favorite memory– there are so many. Maybe helping oversee the transition to Elluminate– helping the awesome new GAs out, using our collective skills to troubleshoot new and wacky problems, blowing off steam in the tech support chat during the rare lull, and handling lots of support requests at once– I like to keep busy and be challenged. Some of those nights were long, but I sincerely enjoyed working hard to make the transition as smooth as possible for LEEPers.

7) What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you while on the job?
Oh, how do I choose? It might have to be getting the Mystery of the Black Telephone e-mail (which I’d have to let Jill explain, or perhaps it will remain a mystery).

Thanks Juliana for sharing! And as for the Mystery of the Black Telephone… sounds like a Nancy Drew case to me… but perhaps Jill will fill us in 😉

PS: I promise to write a story about the Spider Monkeys and Matt Beth!

Facebook Twitter Linkedin

2 Comments