Help with your Future

My name is Blake Larsen, and I am a junior in ACE with a concentration in Financial Planning. Going into college I had no idea what Financial Planning was, what I could do with it, and what courses I had to take to get my degree. The ACE department helped me figure this out from day one. One of the first classes that helped me was ACES 101, which helped me plan out a schedule for the next four years. By having this I was able to have a basic feel for what I would be taking over the next couple of years and when I should take them by. I then learned what Financial Planning was through classes such as ACE 100 and ACE 240. In ACE 240 I started learning a lot about personal investing, and I thought it was very useful for not only my career but my life as a whole because I can now make better investing choices. One of my most useful classes I have ever taken however, was ACE 398 my sophomore year. In this class professionals from the field came in and talked about what options I had with my degree. I learned a lot about myself in that class and discovered some of the things I like and some things I don’t like about Financial Planning. With all this help from my classes I now have a sense of direction of where my life could be heading.