NOTE: This site is designed as a framework for a conference that people can easily update for their own event. (If you want a template site for a person or a research team, see our Template Site example.)
Searching for the word NOTE will help you find instructions about how a page element is constructed and how you can modify it for your own content. For example, to display the image on this page, this page uses the Page – Featured Image tool with Full Screen Width set under the U of I Theme Options control set. The Page Title is suppressed but still available to screen readers.
You’ll want to edit or delete each of the pages below, then publish the ones you want to use (under the Settings gear icon – Page tab – Visibility section).
The sample pages provided include:
- Proposals – A Page describing information you may wish to include in a call for proposals, with a button that can link to your proposal form.
- Registration – A Page describing information you may request in a registration form, with tool suggestions and a button that can link to your registration form.
- Schedule – A Page containing a Timetable table of scheduled presentations for your current conference (in this case, event-categorized with 2023-Day-1 and 2023-Day-2 which are child categories of 2023 and Current)
- Speakers – A Page containing a ContentView view of Posts that identify speakers for your current conference (in this case, tagged with Speaker and categorized with 2023, which is a child category of Current)
- Sponsors – A Page containing a ContentView view of Posts that identify sponsors for your current conference (in this case, tagged with Sponsor and categorized with 2023, which is a child category of Current)
- Archives – Structured collections of past events. A current conference (for example, 2022) can be moved to the Archives by moving its Category from being a child of the Current Events Category to the Archive Events Category. Past events have been added within accordions in this page.
- 2022 Event Archive– A specific Page that contains the 2022 event information in a structured table, with link locations for presentations and recordings added. (The same could also be done for Speakers and Sponsors, if desired.)
- (Privately published) Internal Notes: While this page isn’t embedded in the public facing menu, it’s a spot where you can copy instructions you want to preserve or guidelines for how your team would like to work. It also describes what was installed by this plugin so that you can choose to remove some or all of it if you wish. You can find the page in your Dashboard’s Pages listing.