Writing Metaphor: Reading a Map

Maps have been used for the past thousand years. These maps come in all different shapes and sizes, but they all have the same purpose. When a person has a destination that they do not know how to get to, they use a map. A map allows a person to find the right path to take to find their destination.

map       At the beginning of my writing process, I have a hard to knowing how I want to get my message across. Even if I know exactly what message I want to get across to my readers, I still have a hard time knowing the steps I want to take.

map with tools   Reading a map isn’t always as easy as just looking at the map. In some circumstances, a person is required to use different tools, such as a magnify glass or compass. These tools help a person find the path to their destination.

During my writing process, I use many different tools to make the process easier. Using tools during my writing process helps me create the structure of my paper. One tool that I use is called a Child’s Draft. This ver rough draft allows me start my paper and get all my thoughts on paper. Other tools I use are learning modules that are put online by Professor Mary. These learning modules help me use correct grammar  during my writing. 

map_route    Overall, maps are used by people to find the path to their destination. As you can see in this map, the path is not always straight and obvious. Sometimes, a person is required to take a path that may take a little longer than a direct path.

The goal of my writing process is to find a way to pass my message on to the readers. It takes multiple attempts and patience to find the right path to use in my writing. In some cases, the path I decide to take may take a long time, but it is worth it in the end.