Generative Approaches to Second Language Acquisition
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
May 2–4, 2024
- Dora Alexopoulou, University of Cambridge
- Kiel Christianson, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Theres Grüter, University of Hawai’i, Manoa
- Silvia Perpiñán, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
All submissions will be considered for both oral presentations (30 minutes, including 10 minutes for discussion) and poster presentation. The submission process is the same for the main session and for the special session.
For the main session, we invite abstract submissions of original, unpublished work conducted from the generative perspective on any aspect of second language acquisition, bilingualism, third language acquisition / multilingualism, or heritage language acquisition.
In addition to the main session, there will be a special session on computational and psycholinguistic approaches to second language acquisition. We invite submissions that take a computational and/or psycholinguistic/neurolinguistic approach to any aspect of second language acquisition or bilingualism/multilingualism. Submitting results from work in progress or unsuccessful experiments is also encouraged.
GASLA-17 will also feature a workshop on eye-tracking and computational modeling of eye-tracking data.
- Abstracts should not exceed one page in letter-size or A4 paper, with one extra page for examples, tables, figures and references, with 1 inch or 2.5 cm margins on all sides and 12-point font size.
- The abstract should have a clear title and should not reveal the name of the author(s).
- The abstracts must be uploaded as PDF attachments to the EasyAbs site: https://easyabs.linguistlist.org/conference/GASLA17
- Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
- If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you submit your abstract on EasyAbs, you will be asked to indicate whether your work should be considered for the main session or for the special session. Submitting the same abstract to both the main session and the special session is not allowed. All submissions will be considered for both oral and poster presentations.
Submission is open: 1 September 2023
Deadline for submissions: 1 December 2023
Notification of acceptance: 1 February 2024
Conference dates: 2–4 May 2024