Session #7

Stumbling into bad behavior

The one fact that I found was interesting was when they said that when we have more boundaries and regulations or when we have to meet certain quota we tend to be more unethical because we have that pressure on us too be perfect. I remember I was reading an article about standardized test inn high schools and how that affects teachers teaching. They found that teacher would cheat by helping students on the test even though they are not supposed to .They did this because if the higschool rankings fall behind a certain level , they receive less funding from the state. So there was more cheating and unethical things happening whichever schools were at risk for their funding to be cut.  I disagree with the authors prospective that if people get punished for the wrong things they did that are more likely to do unethical things compared to people who don’t get punish (do not have regulations). I think it all depends on the person and not particularly by regulations I also believe that if you get punished or rewarded you would be more likely to do it or not to do it.