Colleen Lewis is an Assistant Professor of computer science (CS) at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Lewis was previously the McGregor-Girand Associate Professor of CS at Harvey Mudd College. At the University of California, Berkeley, Lewis completed a PhD in science and mathematics education, an MS in computer science, and a BS in electrical engineering and computer science. Her research seeks to identify and remove barriers to CS learning and understand and optimize CS learning. Lewis curates CSTeachingTips.org, a NSF-sponsored project for disseminating effective CS teaching practices. Lewis has received the NCWIT.org Undergraduate Mentoring Award and the AnitaB.org Emerging Leader Award for her efforts to broaden participation in computing.
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – 2020 – present
- Teaching Faculty at the Race and Equity Center, USC Rossier School of Education – 2018 – present
- McGregor-Girand Associate Professor of CS, Harvey Mudd College – 2018 – 2020
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Harvey Mudd College – 2012 – 2018
- University of California, Berkeley, Ph.D. in Science and Mathematics Education – 2012
- University of California, Berkeley, M.S. in Computer Science – 2009
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S. in Electrical Eng. & Computer Science – 2005
Download Colleen’s CV (updated February 22, 2020).