About Me

Hello all,

Welcome to my about me page. My name is Camila! I study Communication at the University of Illinois. I am considering minoring in Public Relations, which has brought me to this class. I was born in Bahia de Caraquez, a small village on the Pacific coast of Ecuador. My mother is from Ecuador and my father is from St. Louis. I grew up in a multicultural household. I am fluent in Spanish, but I consider English my first language. I left Ecuador when I was 2, and moved to Champaign, where I still live today. However, I do go back to Ecuador 3 months out of the year to visit family and friends. Traveling is my passion. I have been to Morocco, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Czech Republic, Italy, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and so on. Out of all the beautiful places I have been to, the Galapagos Islands is by far my favorite place because I am an animal lover and I enjoy spending time at the beach. When I am not traveling or in school, I spend time with my family and friends, cuddle with my puppy Coco, and work as a waitress at Billy Barooz (the food is so good you should try it). I am looking forward to what this year has in store for me!

Galapagos Islands, 2016

My new puppy, Coco!