1. Quantitative phase imaging for bio-medical application, Biophotonics Imaging Lab (BIL), Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
The project is on spectral-domain (SD) and En-Face Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) systems for ophthalmic applications.
2. Quantitative phase imaging for bio-medical application, Quantitative Light Imaging (QLI) Lab, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
The project was to develop fast optical systems for quantitative phase imaging for bio-medical application. Systems like White-light Diffraction Phase Microscope (wDPM), real-time Spatial Light Interference Microscope (rSLIM) already have been developed and in use for various bio-medical applications like blood cell, tissue, mammalian cell imaging.
3. Dynamic phase retrieval techniques using optical techniques, National University of Singapore
The project was to investigate dynamical behavior of micro-structures using various laser based phase retrieval techniques. Apart from this I was involved in various other researches including digital holography, digital speckle photography for 3D deformation measurement etc. I was also working on bio-medical imaging techniques in collaboration with Bioengineering Div.,NUS, Singapore.
4. Investigation of asymmetric Brownian motion, Monash University, Australia
The project was to investigate of Brownian diffusion of asymmetric particles like carbon nano-fibres in various fluids using video microscopy in real time. I have also developed the software to process the series of images recorded while the particle under investigation is in motion.
5. Implementation of time average phase modulation technique in ESPI for vibration fringe analysis, IIT Madras and ISAC, Bangalore
The project was for the development of phase modulation technique in ESPI system for speckle vibration fringe pattern analysis. I have developed the optical system and the necessary software for the same.
6. Investigations in Digital speckle pattern interferometry with phase shift techniques for optical metrology, PhD Dissertation, IIT Madras, Chennai
A novel dual function DSPI system has been developed that can be conveniently used for both Digital Speckle Pattern Interferometry (DSPI) and Digital Shearography (DS) for optical metrology. Arrangements with double aperture mask in front of an imaging lens for introducing spatial carrier in DSPI and DS also have been developed. Scheme for simultaneous measurements of out-of-plane displacement and slope has been presented using the fast Fourier transform (FFT) technique in DSPI. Further, the measurement of curvature or the second order derivative of out-of-plane displacement using this technique is described.
7. Implementation of Phase Shifting Algorithms for Speckle Fringe Analysis, IIT Madras and ISAC, Bangalore
In this project I have developed several optical systems and phase shifting algorithms for non destructive evaluation of objects subject to deformation in LabVIEW environment.
8. Development of Long Trace Profiler for Characterizing Mirrors used in Synchrotron Radiation Beamlines, M. Tech. Dissertation RRCAT, Indore and Calcutta University, Kolkata, India
In the project I have developed a cyclic path optical geometry LTP that has been used for testing large optics with large radius of curvature. I have also designed the ray tracing for the particular arrangement in order to distinguish the possible difficulties those may be associated in reality.
9. Photogrammetric Applications in Optics, B. Tech. Project, Calcutta University, Kolkata, India
In the project I have calculated the height profile of 3D objects using two stereo photographs.