Reflect, Reflect, Reflect!

What I learned through reflecting through entries on my teaching practices had a lot to do with my philosophies, my effective and ineffective teaching times and methods as a student teacher, and allowed me to keep track of my memories throughout this experience. I focused a lot of my journals on my weeks overall. I noted any circumstances and experiences through IEP meetings and conferences, scenarios with students and how I overcame the scenario or conflicts, and the communication I kept with parents, staff, and administration. It allows me to go back and refer to these times as a future teacher and see what I did in my past student teaching and how I handled a previous scenario, conflict, positive moment, or overall lesson experience.

I really am going to take everything positive away from this experience. The fantastic support from my cooperating teacher, the staff at my school, my peers, and my professors has been outstanding. My cooperating teacher has given me the world to look forward to. She was the best mentor and role model I could have had as a student teacher. You hear horror stories of people not getting the most of their experience but as long as you are open and willing, you WILL get the most of the experience and become a better teacher by the end of it.  As this chapter comes to a close there is so much that awaits me in my future. Getting a job, creating a classroom that’s mine, being the teacher of students who will hopefully remember me as a role model, and of course graduation. The ups and downs were certainly worth it, and looking back I really couldn’t have picked a better path and future for myself.

Till next time!

Ms. P