A Night of Fun

Thursday night was Lighted School House where parents and students were welcome to walk around the school and see the student’s classrooms.  This was a great experience and was fun to see all the students and parents who came.  Earlier in the day teachers were saying how this night is the best of all the nights they have to be here for unlike conferences.  I definitely think it is.  It was so nice to see the students who are maybe a bit shy or have some learning difficulties be so excited to show their parents what they have been working on in school.  My students were able to show their most recent writing on the computers, demonstrate how to use the microscopes and find the single celled organisms, venture to the compost bin, and much more.  I truly enjoyed seeing all the students and parents who were able to come.  I wish more families would have made it in, but I understand that families are busy.  It was nice to see a mix of the “good kids” and the students who have some behavior problems and to see them in a different atmosphere. I’m glad I got to experience a night like this.