Getting Started

Hi everyone!

My name is Miss B. and I am a senior in the Elementary Education program at U of I.  I am just about to start my student teaching in 4th grade and am very excited! I will be posting here periodically to tell you about my ups and downs along the way!

I am excited to begin my final semester of college and am so thrilled to be able to spend my time teaching in the Chicago suburbs.  It will be a change to go back home and be essentially a full time teacher, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

I begin my first week of student teaching soon!  It will be fun to get to know the students and learn what goes on in the 4th grade world!  I was in a middle school in the Champaign-Urbana area last semester so this will be quite a change!  I met the students and my cooperating teacher over Thanksgiving break and they seem like a fun bunch.  I wonder if the students will remember me.  I was only there for the morning and they are only 10.  I have had such a long and relaxing winter break it will be hard to get back into the swing of things! I hope the first week isn’t too rough!  We’ll see!! Wish me luck!