UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS
Graduate Research Assistant 2009-Present
- Developed the Fluvial Egg Drift Simulator (FluEgg), a computer model to simulate the fate and transport of Asian carp eggs in spawning rivers.
- Developed and implemented a three stage outreach transferability program of a decision making tool to prevent, manage, and control Asian carp populations in Lake Michigan tributaries based on the evaluation of the transport of eggs of local Asian carp populations.
- Created and managed the web-based database of the Chicago Waterways Observatory.
- Participated in the 3D hydrodynamic and water quality modeling of the Chicago Waterways.
- Designed and analyzed the feasibility of Sidestream Elevated Pool Aeration (SEPA) stations as an alternative to improve the dissolved oxygen concentrations in the Matanza Riachuelo River, Argentina.
NSF/ UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN/CUAHSI
Hydrosynthesis Summer School Researcher June-Aug 2010
- Analyzed and synthetized data to predict water resources and aquatic ecosystems dynamics.
- Synthetized field measurements of solute transport and analyzed nutrient dynamics at the river network scale.
- Analyzed links between sediment dynamics and nutrient cycling at the watershed and river basin scale.
- Analyzed factors affecting the invasion and blooming behavior of Didymosphenia geminata in rivers.
UNIVERSIDAD SANTO TOMAS
Assistant Professor, Undergraduate Level 2008-2009
- Fluid Mechanics, Department of Civil Engineering
- Hydrology, Department of Civil Engineering
- Aqueducts Design, Department of Civil Engineering
Director of Research
- Managed and coordinated all research activities for the Department of Civil Engineering
- Conducted a hydrology simulation of “La Vega” basin-Colombia using the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT)
UNIVERSIDAD DE BOYACA
Assistant Professor, Undergraduate Level 2007-2008
- Environmental Assessment, Department of Sanitary Engineering
- Basic Rural Sanitation, Department of Sanitary Engineering
- Management of Sustainable Production, Department of Industrial Engineering
- Simulated the water quality of the Chicamocha River using the Qual2Kw program
AQUEDUCT AND SEWER COMPANY OF BOGOTA (EAAB)
Environmental Management Professional Assistant 2004-2005
- Reviewed multiple project technical reports related to the assessment and evaluation of the water quality of Bogotá wetlands
- Developed corporate procedures for retributive tax rates due to wastewater discharges