Lighting: angle, silhouette, movement, texture

Comments, Questions and Ideas are welcome! Feel free to click on the images below to enlarge.

I love the idea of having movement in this white void.  The space is stripped of environment for a moment and there are only bodies.  Movement.  The bodies are not necessarily defined. They are unidentifiable; a silhouette in space.  They are known only through the movement that they make.

I love the idea of having movement in this white void. The space is stripped of environment for a moment and there are only bodies. Movement. The bodies are not necessarily defined. They are unidentifiable; a silhouette in space. They are known only through the movement that they make.

"The Exonerated" as seen in Chance Magazine My interest in using haze is well defined in "The Exonerated" photos.  The foggy effect in the air allows viewers to see beams of light and from which direction the beam is coming from, a visual that is quite intriguing to me.

“The Exonerated” as seen in Chance Magazine
My interest in using haze is well defined in “The Exonerated” photos. The foggy effect in the air allows viewers to see beams of light and from which direction the beam is coming from, a visual that is quite intriguing to me.

"The Exonerated" as seen in Chance Magazine

This photograph stuck with me. It feels stark, but it still has so much texture and dimension in the landscape.  Textured light on the bodies is an idea I have to create more intrigue and dimension to the dancers. It pulls the performers into a relationship with the space as the light in the air reacts to their movements within the space.

This photograph stuck with me. It feels stark, but it still has so much texture and dimension in the landscape. Textured light on the bodies is an idea I have to create more intrigue and dimension to the dancers. It pulls the performers into a relationship with the space as the light in the air reacts to their movements within the space.

I want to play with angles of light that will cast elongated shadows of the dancers onto the floor.  I plan to use this tool when the dancers are more upstage.

I want to play with angles of light that will cast elongated shadows of the dancers onto the floor. I plan to use this tool when the dancers are more upstage.